Welcome to the Treasure State Orff Chapter!
January 25, 2020
Free to TSO Chapter Members!
For non-members, go to the Registration Page to register.
In Elementaria, Keetman reflects the elemental style in its essence.
This workshop will be a celebration of the pedagogical wisdom of Gunild Keetman as we work and play with material from Elementaria. We will develop several Keetman “jewels” from pre-school through 6th grade level. Also included will be contemporary songs, rhymes, games and stories, and material for the Spanish speaking student.
Exploration will focus on:
- Rhythmic building bricks and ways to create simple ostinati patterns and phrases, and experience how these naturally develop into elemental forms.
- Ways to analyze and learn melodies through melodic building bricks; use melodic building bricks for creating new melodies/improvisations.
- Reaction exercises and understanding of how these ultimately contribute to the child’s musicality
- Keetman’s steps to improvisation
All workshops are held at Paxson School in Missoula.
A map is available HERE >>
Workshops are from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Please bring snacks to share during our breaks!
OPI and graduate credit are available
1) Go to pd4montana.hrmplus.net
2) Login or register for an account. You will automatically go to “course registration”. You must register PRIOR to the workshop.
3) Find and register for Course #13468, Treasure State Orff Fall Workshop.
4) Be sure to sign the roster at the workshop!
A few days after the course, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to evaluate the course. Log into pd4montana.hrmplus again, finish the evaluation then click on “My records” to print the OPI page for your records.
Treasure State Orff is an affiliate of AOSA. For more information about the
American Orff-Schulwerk Association please visit aosa.org
“The American Orff-Schulwerk association strongly encourages members to be positive and discreet when discussing our organization, specific courses and/or teachers, and the Orff movement. The very nature of the Orff Schulwerk philosophy embodies a broad spectrum of expressions exploring different paths to arrive at artistic and educational goals. Members are encouraged to recognize and remain open to varied approaches and to celebrate both our differences and our similarities.”